Monday, March 28, 2016

We got another 4 or so inches of snow over the weekend. Happily it doesn't last too long this time of year, and it has already warmed up quite a bit today. The Juki came back from the shop this morning which is good because the Viking needs to go in I am having a terrible time with the tension.
Ambrosina and Leon are going away this weekend. Ambrosina has never left the boys overnight before except when she was having the next one so they are going to "practice" before this summer. Leon wants to take her on a cruise for their 15th anniversary this summer and she wants to see how she will do away from them. She'll be fine.
This is the newest project.
I can see that I am going to have to punch up the colors you can hardly tell where I have added the embroidery. I am thinking that after it is quilted I will add a line of beads to define the stitches and add depth, but it is fun and that is the main idea.
Yesterday I thoroughly cleaned and oiled the treadle and then sorted out the rows for the next scrap quilt that I am going to do on it. Sixty degree diamonds pieced in half and then put into rows. I have a few put together already, I will have a picture tomorrow. I got everything on the foot of the bed put away but I noticed David piled some more stuff there for me to put away. His idea of putting things away is to stick them on the first uncluttered spot he sees. Thus the foot of the bed. I am told that is normal for a male, and nothing I have ever seen has contradicted that.
I am going to go back upstairs and get Juki set up and hopefully finish Etina's kitchen curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment