Saturday, August 26, 2017

Yesterday I fired my kiln for the last time. It was a hard decision to make but I decided to sell it and my pottery wheel, ceramic moulds and glazes. I am physically past the work that it entails, and I would rather be weaving or quilting. I am tired and sore since I also spent the day cleaning and packing up all the things that go with the kiln and sorting out all the stuff that people have piled over there, most of it garbage. David's idea of putting something away or disposing of something is to pile it in the first available space that's handy. He always plans to take care of it "later" but never "gets around to it". His "later" always last about 15 minutes, until he forgets about whatever it is. It makes his life easier, but mine always harder.

These are some of the things I pulled out of the kiln this morning. I don't care for how the glaze on the turtle bowl turned out, it was one of those art glazes, the other things were clay sculptures the boys did last summer and I hadn't done any firing since.

Well it's done now and I am finished. I'm sorry because I enjoyed it, but I can't do everything.

I pulled out my tatting shuttle and I am going to be lacemaking for a while, it will make a change from hexagons. Although there are other hexagon quilts in the future I want to get the ones I have pieced quilted before I make anymore.

Now that I have got the dungeon part of the basement cleaned up I am going to start getting the warp put on the loom, I won't get a lot of weaving in before the weather gets cold it's so late in the summer but I will cover the loom over the winter and pick up the weaving in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment