Thursday, August 31, 2017

Pinwheel Nine-Patch. David says they look good enough to eat, but I think he is exaggerating. I've had the four inch squares cut out for eons of time. I don't remember why or when I cut them, I'm glad now that I did! When this top is done I will have 2 small tubs of stuff used up and another UFO done. Yippie Skippie!

My birds applique quilt is coming along. Right now I am just stitching in the ditch around the blocks because this quilt needs it for stabilization, but I figured out how I want to quilt the blocks, and for me sometimes that is half the battle.

Meanwhile down here in the Dark Side of the basement I am starting to wind the warp onto the warp reel of the loom. This thread tangles the most of any thread I have ever used and I have to stop every few inches to untangle and comb out the warp. On this wide and long of a warp it's going to take a while. However it's such a lovely soft thread I think it will be worth it. I always need to work on patience anyway so it is good for me. Just working with the thread on the loom is a pleasure though, so these are not complaints. I only work on it about an hour at a time; I have too many other irons in the fire and my back and knees don't like the standing.

Ambrosina make stuffed tomatoes for lunch, fresh tomatoes from the garden. Good, oh my!

Four more days until school starts, the boys have to get their room cleaned before then, Ambrosina says. It's quieter today they are in the upstairs and not having so much fun. Tomorrow they go to their last summer day at Grandma's she will miss them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment