Saturday, August 12, 2017

I have just not been on line much at all this week. We have a busy summer and I have been spending most of my time sewing. Then I had camera trouble and couldn't take any pictures for a few days. That is taken care of now and I have quite a few pictures to show.

This is Grandmother's Flower Garden, my 19th finished quilt this year. I'm keeping up the pace but am starting to get really tired. It is made of 4,029 hand sewn hexagons. I am quite pleased with it.
I did very little quilting on this. I wanted the pattern of the hexagons to stand out, not the quilting.
You can see on the back that I just did an over-all diamond pattern; to hold it together but not take over. I'm very pleased with it.
 Number 20 is an old UFO from the winter of 1998-1999. The last of the corduroy Log Cabins I made that year. Because of the heaviness of this quilt I kept the quilting to the minimum also. It's not very big, so it didn't take very long. I love this pattern and plan to make another one at some point.
For the first time in 20+ years I don't have a Log Cabin in progress. None waiting to be quilted, and not one in the piecing process. It seems odd, but I am not starting another one until I get ALL the UFOs done.

There is also this:

My fourth hexagon top in just over two years. I finished it last night and I am not starting another tops for a while. I am going to clean our rooms in the basement. My fall cleaning, early this year. Then I am going to do some crocheting and knitting to take a break. Sometime this winter I will start another hexagon top. I have so many ideas in mind, I will take some time to draw out the next one before I start sewing. Even Ambrosina likes this, although, like me, she is not fond of orange. The orange makes the fabrics pop. It will probably be quilted in the next batch. The quilting will be simple on this one too. I want the pattern and the colors to be the primary focus.

Starring Pinwheels is coming along, I am piecing the last border now. The turtles are coming along too. I need to pin some more of those this afternoon. I expect Starring Pinwheels to be done for the next batch of pin basting and quilting, but I don't think any turtle tops will be. That's too far to look forward to any way. I will be quilting on the remaining pinned tops at least 3 weeks.

So now, I am going to find another cup of coffee and plan the knitting project I have in mind. Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment