Monday, August 14, 2017

Another hexagon top ready to quilt.
I don't know if this has any other name rather than Mosaic. This is the largest so far except maybe the first one I did close to 30 years ago B.J. (before John). Surprisingly even Ambrosina likes this one even though it is orange. We neither one of us care for orange, and I have never used orange much but I really like the way that it turned out. It really makes the other colors pop.
Now I am taking a few days to clean down here. Put things away, get rid of some more stuff I am not going to use, all the things I have been neglecting while I have been trying to get it done. While I am planning the next one I am going to do some knitting and crocheting, in fact I have done a little knitting already.

Cotton dishcloths, not world shaking, I know, but relaxing and enjoyable and we are getting low and we need some more. Our supplies are getting low. I also am going to crochet some rag rugs, I have a couple of tubs of strips that I need to get out of the way. When I have strips left over from sewing that I can't use for anything else I put in a tub and when I get enough I made some rugs that we use for bath mats. Cotton, of course, anything else wouldn't absorb the water. It's hard on my wrists so I don't do too much at a time, but I could really use the tubs for something else.

Wednesday is our 43rd wedding anniversary, Ambrosina and Leon's 16th. This weekend Rosa and Timothy will celebrate their 9th. August has a lot of anniversaries in it!

Somehow I put something in my back out, and I can hardly move, taking a deep breath is like a stab, I think it's a rib out. Ice and tylenol. And coffee, of course, then some more cleaning. I really want to have it looking better down here for this weekend when we have our family party for all our anniversaries. There are hexagons all over the place the top I just finished shed them everywhere. The bedroom will be finished this afternoon. The hall out there is another story and will take quite a while. So, I guess, back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment