Wednesday, August 30, 2017


 Here it is, the 3rd in the series of Pinwheels that I am sewing on down here on Ernestine the Treadle. I am calling this one Pinwheels Large and Small. The next one is already planned, I laid out the pieces this afternoon after lunch. It's going to be a Pinwheel 9 Patch, I'll probably have some pictures of the first blocks tomorrow, after my evening sewing time tonight. I'm looking forward to getting started on it.
This is the last quilt I have basted on it, I was trying to work on it but my first assistant Happy, was disputing ownership. Her tail was lashing and she was using language only a cat can get away with in this house. She had already slapped me once when I moved the quilt without noticing she was there. She was as bad tempered this morning as the look she was giving me, so to get some work done I had to move her. She cursed at me again. I'm wondering if her bad temperedness is because she can sense the boys are going back to school next week.

They are excited about it and are "practicing" by going to bed at the school night time and getting up at the get up and go to school time. We will miss the noise, although I am sure Ambrosina will celebrate by some time spent doing things she doesn't get to do in the summer while they are home. Gramps will be lonely, he might actually get some work done out in the garage instead of "working" with the boys which is mainly keeping them occupied. He also has to play the part of "customer" in the little store they have set up with imaginary merchandise. The only thing they have for their store is an open and closed sign. The rest one has to pretend, which I think is a lot of fun and good for them and Gramps. I'll try to remember to get a picture of the fun tomorrow.

I've got over half the warp spread over the raddle on the loom, a picture tomorrow. Time for my a run upstairs for coffee then my handwork. David is napping right now, so I will have to go quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment