Monday, August 21, 2017

We had our family anniversary party yesterday, 3 couples having their wedding anniversary on the same day in August. David and I, Ambrosina and Leon and Leon's brother Abe and his wife's. Rosa and Timothy have theirs on the 23, so we do it all in one day.



I couldn't get many pictures, the flash on the camera caused one of Rosa's seizures so I couldn't use it again. We a had a loud, noisy good time.


Ambrosina and the boys carved these melons and we had homemade pizza and plenty of chocolate desserts.

I finished this Triangles quilt last Thursday evening while we were watching the boys.
This is the back, a lot of leftover blocks and odds and ends. I'm running low on scrap fabrics for backs, I'll probably have to start buying fabrics to finish quilts, so I won't be able to afford making so many quilts in future. It will give me more time to think how I want to finish the tops.

Meanwhile I am crocheting rag rugs for my afternoon hand work relaxation time, when they are done I'll have several new rugs and three empty tubs to sort other stuff into. I'll try to have some pictures of the rugs tomorrow. They make thick have bathmats, I make curved ones to fit the round shower in our bathroom. Mostly I make them up as I go along, the only criteria is that they have to lie flat.

We aren't seeing the eclipse today. The sky is clouded and we are having a constant stream of thunder storms, lots of rain. It is very dark so we know it's going on, but that's about it.

So the beginning of another week, the kids are going camping tomorrow; we are staying home, David doesn't feel up to camping so we are going to have a quiet week here. I'll probably finish the current quilt.

Time to get busy, I've spent enough time with my feet up and my coffee is gone. Definitely time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment