Thursday, August 17, 2017

 I had a lot more tops in the tub than I remembered. Tumblers.
 This one doesn't have a name, I made it up as I went along.
 This one made of 4 inch squares in blue. I didn't make it, someone gave it to Ambrosina but I said I would quilt it for her.
 This one, 3 inch squares was pieced by my grandmother. She died when Ambrosina was a baby, it's about time it was quilted. Its going to be difficult, she used everything, including what looks like acrylic sweater matieral.
 I can't remember the name of this one, I think it might be a Drunkard's Path variation. One of the few quilt tops I made using yardage instead of scraps. I think I made it when Timothy was a baby, I can't remember for sure, he was born in 1984.
 This one is a machine embroidered crazy quilt. It's only about 7 years old.
 Kentucky Chain, I am pretty sure I pieced this one before Timothy was born, but I don't remember when.




This one, of course, I just finished on the treadle down here.
This one I just finished. There are 2 more hexagon tops and 2 more hand appliqued tops that didn't fit in the tub making a total of 13 tops still unquilted. I have quilted 20 this year, and the one I am quilting on now is almost finished. I had a lot more unquilted tops than I realized when I started this project at the beginning of the year. There are still a lot that are in the process of being pieced that I don't work on much because I can't quilt them yet anyway. That makes 34 in all. I don't think I will get them all done this year, because I am starting to slow down. Still that's pretty good and I am not complaining.

My back is better and I can take a deep breath now.

I started crocheting a rag rug down here. It's hard on my arm and shoulder so I don't do much at a time, when it's done I'll have another empty tub and a rug to put in front of the door to catch the mud this fall. They make good bath mats too. Picture when finished.

We are watching the boys while Ambrosina are taking a few days away for their anniversary. The family party will be this weekend when they get back.

So that's that for the day, I don't want to leave David to do all the babysitting so I need to get back upstairs. The weather finally cleared, we have been having clouds and rain all month, and it has been cold enough for a jacket. In August in South Dakota, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment