Wednesday, August 23, 2017




Three of the five rugs I have made in the last week or so, it's surprising how many strips of fabric they use up. I now have 3 of those little handled tubs you see in the above picture ready to store something else. There is no shortage of things I can put into them. The big tubs are getting too heavy for me to handle so I can sort out one of those into a more practical size. I have used up all the rags suitable for rugs and I am going to concentrate on something else. I still have the Asian wall hanging that needs to be beaded, it's been sitting in the 'waiting for handwork' pile; I'll probably do that next. After that, who knows? It's not like there is a shortage of UFOs, or even new projects that I want to do.

The kids left to go camping this morning and we waved them off, but as usual I forgot to take pictures.
As soon as I sat down to work though, there was my helper. I think she needed reassurance that there was still someone around to love her. She and Waddles went insane for the rest of the morning, after I moved her down. I got some turtles cut out and then went on with my quilting. After the cats settled down they were just a weight on the quilt as I tried to move it around.

So we will have a quiet week. I intend to fire on Friday, it will be my last firing before I sell the kiln. I'll be sorry to see it go, but it can't be helped. Oh well. If we had a house of our own, but we don't, and I have to work to be content with what we have. It's not that I don't have anything else to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment