Thursday, August 3, 2017

It's been quite a while since I used my Viking for embroidery, but yesterday I got her set up and started a design I was thinking of for some table cloths. I'd forgotten how long it takes to do a big pattern, and this one didn't turn out too well. I think I wasn't careful enough with my hooping. I wasn't through until almost 3:00, but I could quilt on Julia Juki while it was sewing out.

I wound the last section of warp for my loom today; the warping reel is coming down and going into storage for a while. Now I have to clean the other side of the basement out so I can dress the loom. I don't know long that will take, I haven't looked too closely. I suspect it will be a complete and total mess.

I have about one row of blocks left to quilt on Sunflower, I don't think I will be able to finish it tomorrow though since I have to do my monthly shopping. So maybe Saturday morning.

Our poor Sammy is still fighting a cold, he was taking a nap up on the couch, and for a 6 year old to voluntarily take a nap he has to feel really rotten. I am nearing the finish of the current hexagon top, so I am going to get to work on that now, I am hoping that another week will see it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment