Saturday, August 5, 2017

 Sunflower, I love this pattern, I think it is one of the best I've ever done. It was fun to quilt too and I like the way it turned out. It has some of my very favorite fabrics in it too. I started this quilt while I was pregnant with John who was born in June of 1989. I put it away and finally got around to putting it together this year. I find it very satisfying to have finally finished it.
My goal was to finish 17 quilts in 2017. This is 18, so the rest are just gravy. I have 5 more bin basted, and at least 6 more that are waiting their turn, maybe more, I haven't checked recently, but it's only one tub full of tops remaining. I have several more in the works though.

This is the back.
I like the way the quilting looks on the back too. It would have been nice to have a solid color back, I just didn't have the money to get anything though, so I shouldn't complain. At least I had enough light colored so it wouldn't show through to the front. I would have had to wait to quilt this one otherwise.
This is the next one to go under the needle. I had it tucked in a pile under the sewing table and first assistant Happy kept pushing it onto the floor. It's now out onto the table and she will have a nice quilt to sleep on. This is the first of the hexagon tops to be quilted. I am nearly finished with the next top, then I think I will take a break from them and do some crocheting or knitting.

I had Sunflower hanging out on the porch after I took a picture of it and a man stopped by and wanted to know how much it was. He said he would be back, I won't be holding my breath, he was pretty scuzzy looking so we brought it in. In this neighborhood you can't be too careful. We've had our car stolen twice. Several bicycles have been stolen. Someone came up onto the porch and lifted the lid on the boys toy storage bench and stole all the skateboards. We have a motion censor on the porch that rings in the house and security cameras as well. Not a good neighborhood, the house is big though so we have to be content with that. Most of the big houses in the neighborhood have been turned into apartments, but this one is still single family and probably always will be. I don't see Ambrosina and Leon moving.

Time to get started on something down here, I'm nearly done with a hexagon top. Starring Pinwheels is ready to put the borders on so I'll be working on that tonight. Still plugging away on my turtles too.

180 now. Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment