Thursday, February 16, 2017

Well!! I finally am able to sit up enough to get a little something done. David was generous with his flu and I have been down in bed since Sunday, and this is Thursday. I would go up and spend a few minutes at the machine, but not make any progress on anything, it was just too exhausting and the coughing was terrible. David was feeling restless today and went outside for a while, so he's getting over it finally.


I had finished the quilting on this Saturday, but it took me several episodes of sitting and sewing to finish the binding because of my illness. I was finally able to get a picture of it today. It is the 3rd finished quilt of the year, being sick has put me behind, I haven't even got the back started for the next one, and it will be three weeks on Monday since I basted this and started the quilting. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things again by next week. I had intended to start the Log Cabin Heart this week, but it won't be until next week at the earliest. Everything else came to a standstill, but I was able to do a little sewing on the treadle last night.

Poor Sammy came home from school with strep on Tuesday and Malachi came home from school sick last night so I suppose we have that in store for us as well. On the other hand Spring is only a little over a month away.

I've done enough now for a while, I am exhausted with what I have done, but it's better than what I could do yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow will be better still.

No comments:

Post a Comment