Monday, February 6, 2017

I have learned today that I can no longer multitask with any great success. I sewed my thumb while I was quilting. This was not any little nick. When I looked at my thumb the needle had gone through my thumbnail and out the back. David was going to rush me to the clinic because it looked like the needle was bent inside my thumb, but I told him to wait a minute and I took my tweezers and tugged a little on the point enough to be able to tell it was broken off, so I pulled it out and he pulled out the other piece and the thread that was all the way through. What happened was 1st assistant Happy went prowling through the sewing area over the machines and instead of watching her to make sure she didn't pull on the thread with her tail or catch it around herself I tried to keep sewing and watch her at the same time. Silly me. If it doesn't get infected I will be all right. So, evidently, I can't do two things at once anymore.
After Ambrosina got home from her shopping we went to Jo-Ann's and I got some more pinks for the heart quilt. I think I have enough and I will start cutting pretty soon.

Working my way through all the presewn half square for the pinwheels quilt I am working on I decided that I wasn't going to have any left to sit around in a tub somewhere so I am making them all into tops. I have a lot, and I am working on about 6 tops at once. They are all pretty similar so it won't be too confusing. I am not calling it multitasking because of them being so similar, it won't take me long to figure out which is for which top and they will be out of my way. They might as well be stored as tops to quilts as scraps, and they aren't such a mess that way. I will be on these quilts for a while, but that is no big deal as I am working on them on the treadle Ernestine, purely for my own entertainment and exercise. They will eventually get done and I am in no hurry.

Tomorrow is my biopsy, it would be no lie to say I am somewhat stressed about it, and that could have contributed to my sewing accident. There is though, no doubt I should be more careful.

I am still looking for blue polka dots for my dear Daughter in law Tina's quilt. I have other dear D-I-Ls that I will want to make quilts for too. No one is so blessed as I am with family. I love them all, with all my heart.

It's time that I was working on my treadle if I want to get any sewing there done, and I do, I enjoy it so much, I may be hampered with the large bandage on my thumb, but I can work around it. It's better to stay busy anyway, so until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment