Monday, February 27, 2017

This is the next installment of blocks for the Log Cabin Heart.

I wanted to get more than 3 pieces put together, but first assistant Happy had other ideas. On these blocks the wide (inch and a half) is the dark, and the narrow (one inch) is the light, except for the center square (A), which is light and one and a half inch. I didn't get any of the narrow, light strips sewn on, I hope to do that tomorrow. I'm not sure that I will have time though, because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. David and I are not getting over this cough and Ambrosina think's it is bronchitis so we are going in.

Just to show that there is "nothing new under the sun" I started quilting this Drunkards Path quilt and as I was making up the quilting pattern as I went along I was surprised to find, when looking at the back, that the pattern is actually a pattern called Orange Peel, or sometimes Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. Go figure. I like it a lot though, I might even make a quilt of it sometime or another, I have a bit too many started right now though, but I will keep it in mind.

I hope the doctor can do something for me because I am just dragging right now. I slept all day yesterday and I would have much preferred to go the meeting in the morning and so some sewing in the afternoon. Timothy and Rosa came over and I didn't even feel well enough to go upstairs and visit with them.

I think I will try to do some more sewing this afternoon though, it's relaxing enough that I don't have to force myself when I'm nor feeling quilt well. I want to get a certain amount of Pinwheels done this week, it's nice that they are going so fast and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment