Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Before I could start quilting on the latest top to go under the needle I had one full bobbin and two partial bobbins to empty so that I wouldn't have to stop and wind bobbins so often. I don't know why that task is so annoying, but almost every person who sews feel that way about winding bobbins. That is the pile of pieces I was able to get through in about a bobbin and a half. Now I know people who would just pull the thread off the bobbins and throw them away, but my thrifty soul won't allow me to do that, and look at how much closer my postage stamp quilt is to being done. Grant you, it will still be a while, this is after all teensy tiny pieces. When I started sewing this top I had gotten carried away with cutting, I love cutting, and I had 6 bags of squares the size of the bags shown, now I am down to two and they aren't even full. The ones that are sewn together are cut apart and put in a tub and I will sew them into four patches when I get the first step that I am working on now done.

So, I finished off the bobbins and got one edge of En Provence quilted. I really like quilting the bubbles which I am using now. I don't consider the butterflies I did on Blue Rose a success and I think that simpler is better. I got about 6 inches on one full edge done and started down the second side. I took two bobbins, the thread I am using is just a little bit heavier than most sewing thread, but I like the way it looks. The thread is a large cone that was given to us and there is no point in wasting it.

I hear that our little boys are home, time to go upstairs and say hello, the afternoon's noise has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment