Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Today I had my once a month class (support group) for BPD. I always feel better afterwards especially with such a difficult couple of weeks behind me. I haven't heard the results of my biopsy yet, but I don't expect it before tomorrow anyway. I did have some time to work at the machines this morning, but I can't do any quilting until tomorrow.

 These are called half-square triangles that I sewed and then cut to size, and stored in a tub. These particular ones are cut at 4 inches. I have determined that when I get through the tub of squares I will be done and there won't be any left to deal with, so the ones that I don't have four of for Pinwheels I am sewing into other blocks. These I am making into quarter-square triangles also known as Hourglass. For this block I need two that are the same. I fold back and finger press to the dark side at the center seam.
 Match the seams up so they look as shown.

 Use a ruler and rotary cutter to cut diagonally,
 I will have two units that look like this,
when sewn they will look like this.
 Opened and finger pressed they will look like this.
Then I am trimming them down to 3 inches. I haven't decided which setting I will use when making the blocks. I could make a four patch with them called broken dishes, or set them into a nine patch with a solid center square. As I said I haven't decided, but I will have a picture when I get to it. It's one of those that I am in no hurry about, I still have a lot of half-square triangles to get through and I plan to decide on how to finish it when I get through them. The plan is to enjoy myself making them.

Since I have so many of the presewn half-square triangles in two sizes I estimate that I'll be several months on these quilts. I wouldn't have time to quilt them for a while anyway, so there is no point in trying to hurry

Tomorrow I will be able to take the bandage off the biopsy site, the tape really itches, otherwise the pain isn't too bad. Poor David is sick today with what the kids had last week. I hope I don't get whatever it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did. I have a slight headache right now, but that could be just tiredness. It's probably nap time for me, in fact there is no "probably" about it. It is nap time. Until tomorrow then.

No comments:

Post a Comment