Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I like and enjoy almost everything about sewing and quilting. Almost that is. I still don't enjoy zippers, and I hate, hate, hate basting the 3 layers of a quilt together so that I can quilt it. I don't know why. I am trying to teach myself to like it, but I think it may be a losing battle. I decided since I hate it so much, and we have to change the dining room around and put all 3 leaves in the table that I would do two at once to get it over with and that is what I did this morning. One is large and the other is small. One is newer and the other is a very old UFO.
This is sort of a crazy Log Cabin. I made these blocks over ten years ago, and I made so many that this is the 3rd quilt I have made with them. Also the last. I put machine embroidery on everything in those days. It makes a very heavy quilt and hard for the needle to go through. I used corduroy and velvet and flannel. It's going to be a thick quilt and I will have to use a very simple pattern.
Also the purple and yellow Drunkard's Path. I am not calling this a UFO because even though I started the cutting and sewed the basic curved units several years ago I didn't start putting the blocks together until a couple of months ago. This is the quilt it as soon as it is finished policy that I am trying to stick to. I even got a little of the quilting done on it, but not a lot. This one is going to be a simple quilting pattern also. Sort of a lazy daisy on the diagonal. I am quilting it in gold; I think that will work the best.

I am still coughing a lot and am very tired, but it is nice to start getting back into my routine. It has been warm, but we are supposed to get a snowstorm this weekend. It's not long until Spring though, Ambrosina will soon be getting her starts in the pots. The last two days David has sat on the porch although it is not warm enough for me yet. I am the one who gets to cold with the central air on and has to go out onto the porch to warm up in the summertime.

I think it's time for a cup of coffee and some piecing at Ernestine, the quilts I am working on down here are coming along pretty fast, not too fast since I can't quilt them yet anyway. Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment