Thursday, February 2, 2017


I finally finished this basket today, I was four days on it, you can see by the machine it is sitting next to it is really big. I found it very tiring on my shoulders and arms, I don't think I will make any more that big. I will have to charge quite a bit more for it than I usually do and it took a long time as well as a lot of cord and fabric strips. I like the way it turned out though, so no complaints there. The pictures don't really give it justice; Ambrosina liked it so that's something, usually anything with pink in it is an anathema to her.

I got around three sides of the quilt I am quilting today. I haven't been spending a lot of time quilting because I have been trying to finish the basket, but tomorrow I'll just make some coasters and those won't take long so I will begin the quilting earlier and my arms won't be so tired to start with. I'm not sure how many more baskets I will make before the spring sales start, I am almost out of clothesline anyway.

The car started today, let's hope that it will start tomorrow too, since it will be payday and there will be a lot of errands, including, I hope, a trip to Jo-Ann's, I am still trying to get enough pinks for the Log Cabin heart I want to make.

Poor little Sammy was home with a cold and fever today. He fell asleep on the couch, but when he woke up he made it clear he wasn't taking a nap, only "resting", because he is too big to take naps. Poor little guy. Whatever it is will probably go like wildfire through the family, we have to resign ourselves to that, but hope he feels better soon. Tomorrow being Friday it is their day to go to Grandma's and he would be devastated if he couldn't go. She wouldn't be too happy either. Ah! I hear another little boy upstairs, time to go up and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment