Friday, February 17, 2017

Down here on my treadle Ernestine I a working with 3 sizes of half square triangles inch and a quarter, two and half inches and four inches. They've been sewn and cut for a long time, several years. I made the determination as I go through the tub they are stored in that I am not saving any for later; they are going to be gone!

The first size shown, inch and a quarter I am putting into blocks, for what I have in mind I need 4 of these blocks. Each block takes 400, but I've got plenty I am finger pressing them open and sewing them side by side, in 20 rows of 20.
I have two of them ready to sew the long rows together on. I don't have any more of that size handy, but there are some more ready in a different tub that I will dig out when I need some more of the other two sizes, the ones that I am making into Pinwheels. There is no hurry.

This morning I pieced a back for the the purple and yellow Drunkard's Path and I finished it in pretty good time so I pulled another top out of the tub and pieced a back for that while I was at it. I am going to get some more pins and baste them both on Monday, then I won't have to pin for a while, I hate it so much.

I am feeling better, but still coughing a lot and tire very easy, and I am going to have to take a short nap before I go on to anything else. It's a relief now that I am sleeping all night though. After my nap I should be able to do some piecing on Ernestine the treadle, that will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment