Saturday, February 24, 2018

The boys were less than enthusiastic about the stuffed heads I made them out of fleece. Perhaps if I had gotten them done 3 years ago when I cut them out and they were younger they might have been more interested. The giraffe's horns weren't too difficult to get straight, likewise the deer's antler's, but the elephant's tusks I had to redo a couple of times. I don't know why they were so hard to get on right but they were. I have three more deer heads to finish and then I am done with stuffed animals, probably until I have great grandchildren, if then.

Although with Phillip turning fourteen in March the great grandchildren thing is looming nearer. My sister Sella is a great grandmother and she is only 5 years older than I. Her children started having children a lot earlier than mine did though, in their mid-teens. My kids didn't have kids until their middle to late twenties I am happy to say. Three of them don't even have kids although Timothy has a stepson. That's fine by me. After that school shooting last week I am glad I don't have a lot of kids or grandkids in school.

This morning I finished off the red comforter and 5 crib sheets. I now have baby gifts when I need them. After I was almost done I found a spot on the comforter so it's in the wash and I won't have a picture for a couple of days.

Back on piecing tomorrow morning and quilting on Monday. For today we have snow, lots of it and it's not done yet, it's supposed to snow until midnight. Am I ever glad I don't have to go anywhere until tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment