Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sometimes it is nice to have a quick and easy project to sew for a change. This baby quilt of six inch squares was just such a project. I did it in about a week, just a little bit a day, I didn't spend a lot of time on it and it only took a couple hours to quilt. I couldn't resist throwing in some Drunkard's Path turtles and birds.
Naturally the back is pieced since I only had  the one piece of flannel to back it with. I wanted the center, at least, to be flannel; cozy and warm against baby's skin.

Anyway tomorrow it's back on full size quilts to get the ones that are now basted quilted.

And, as usual, I got the extra help. She tangled up the thread really good this time.
And was very frisky when I tried to untangle everything. But I finally got some work done, I am getting the final pieces on the Fancy Nine Patch blocks as well as a quite a few little Ohio Star blocks, and I am having so much fun I almost don't want to go back to quilting. The new will wear off, it always does.

My mouth is still very sore but getting better so I can't complain about that either. Life is just to good to waste time being unhappy, sometimes I have to work at it, but when a person gets over a toothache everything is brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment