Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The abscessed tooth was extracted yesterday morning. I had to be up at 7:00 am because the emergency walk in dental clinic only has 12 spaces a morning and it's first come first serve. I'm not complaining-it's a wonderful service for people who have no other options, but I am not an early bird. Anyway it's over with and before the anesthetic wore off I basted the baby quilt.
I seldom do anything with large squares, six inch, because I love little pieces, they are more interesting. However, I wanted this one done quick because the baby is already here and it has to be shipped. I quilted it this morning and tomorrow I will bind it. It is for the Maribel who is the sister of my son Matthew's wife Tina. Needless to say a baby girl with all that pink! I threw in a few Drunkard's Path turtles and birds just for variety. It was fun and fast and helped keep my mind off the pain in my head.
These Fancy Nine Patch blocks are coming along pretty good too. I cut these out with my first rotary cutter. It was before anything but the basic rulers and I was still using cardboard templates, drawing the line with a pencil and cutting along the line. It was huge improvement over scissors, but not as accurate as the rulers we use now and it was a little hard to get these to lie flat. I don't care it is going to be finished!
I also worked in these adorable little six inch Ohio Star blocks using my Go Baby die cutter, so much fun. I am going to use them in a border around some Feathered Star blocks that I made a long time ago and would like to turn into a quilt soon.
As usual, I got a lot of help from this sweet little girl.

All in all I got quite a bit accomplished these last few days despite the pain. If fact, probably, because of the pain. It helped to keep busy. Now, of course, I can rest. I am still having a significant amount of pain but nothing like before and I can take a pain reliever to get some rest which will help heal faster.

Going off coffee has really helped the other physical problem, and although I miss my coffee feeling better is worth going without. I wish I liked tea, I need something hot to drink in the afternoons while I have my feet up doing my hand work. Well it's only six weeks until Spring and when it warms up outside it will warm up down here. If we look hard we can always find something to be glad about.

I hear the little boys upstairs. Time to see how their day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment