Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Here it is a week on since I posted. I have been going gung ho on the latest UFO and I am happy to say it is a top now. I will quilt it in the next batch I baste.
I really like this pattern. I can't remember how I planned to set it together when I cut it out, but when I put it together I have 5 extra blocks. So I will put them on the back when I go to piece that.
I don't have enough of any fabric to make a back, it has to be a very light color so as not to show through. I will have to purchase something payday. There is no hurry; I still have two quilts basted, although one is small.
This is next under the needle. I don't know how long it will take. Not long, it's not very big. I am excited about quilting this one too. Even though I only finished the top last fall the kit I made the blocks from is very old. So one could say this is a UFO since I have been planning to make the blocks for well over twenty years.

David and I are getting up there now and I don't want to leave a big mess for Ambrosina to take care of. It will take several years to get everything I have started done, but finished quilts are easier to dispose of then tubs of scraps and partially completed tops.

I have been feeling better since I went off coffee so it has been worth it. I cleaned up our little sitting room. I need to dust and put away stuff on a couple of surfaces, tomorrow will be good enough for that. I also filled another box of stuff for Goodwill, it didn't make a dent it the junk I have.

Oh, David just brought me down a cup of hot cider. Isn't he sweet? Time for my hand work.

Only a month until Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment