Thursday, February 1, 2018

Second finish of the year. The pattern's name is Joy and it was designed by Jacqueline de Jonge. I don't usually do other people's patterns, but I wanted to learn this technique and boy did I learn a lot! With the piecing as well as with the quilting on it. As you probably can see it isn't precisely flat and perhaps I should have done something simpler to start paper piecing with. I doubt if it would have been as much fun though.

MMmmm, David just brought me some hot apple cider laced with whisky, he said it might help with my toothache. I don't drink much, boy is it good though. A treat is nice.

I always show the back, even if it is just a sheet and not pieced. I got this one at a thrift shop with the folds from being in the package still in it. It is pale yellow with brown checks and went really well with the front of the quilt.

Tomorrow I will start cutting for the baby quilt, I don't anticipate it taking more than a few hours to make the top and then the quilting a couple of more hours, I won't quilt a lot, I want it to be all fluffy and warm for a baby.
Another nine patch block. I made my mother a dress out of this lavender when Ambrosina was little. Mother loved lavender. I made her several lavender dresses over the years.

Time for hand sewing, I have about 45 minutes until the boys go home and things get lively again. It's nice I can just enjoy it and not have to be responsible for it. Being a grandmamma sure has it perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment