Monday, February 12, 2018

I finished this yesterday morning before meeting, we didn't spend a lot of time taking pictures because it was COLD!!! I pieced this Drunkard's Path variation sometime between John's birth in 1989 and 1993. Not my oldest UFO, but getting up there. It is also the only two fabric quilt I ever pieced. I remember that I made a baby quilt with this pattern with cardboard templates and David took them out to his shop and made me some wood ones, which I still have some where, but I haven't seen them in a while. I remember that it was a lot of fun to put together. I love curved piecing. I must not have had many scraps at that time to do it in only two fabrics. I remember having ideas on other quilts to make with this pattern, maybe roads with appliqued cars but I never got around to them. Sometime in the future when I get the UFOs caught up. This year I hope.

An a pieced back, although big pieces. It was a fun quilt to quilt following the path all over the front.
After I finished binding the quilt I set up the current piecing project back up on Julia Juki, not shown, because I like sitting at that machine to piece best. Shown here is Happy, my first assistant, Julia Juki is off camera. I think I have about half of the Fancy Nine Patch blocks done. I am having a lot of fun with them and they are going very fast. Almost too fast, the fun will be over with too soon, then back to quilting on the two quilts I have basted. Of course that is fun too.

It's all fun, except basting, but I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment