Friday, February 23, 2018

Yesterday at the doctor's office I learned that I have lost fourteen pounds over the winter. My psychiatrist took me off one of the medications that cause weight gain last fall. I didn't realize that I would see such quick returns from that. Usually I have to diet and exercise. I'm on two others that he wants to wean me off of over the next year. I hope they produce the same returns!
This was bound this morning. I love it. I didn't take it outside to get a picture because I am planning to keep it and I don't need a good one to sell it with. It is from a vintage kit my sister-in-law Nancy gave me over 20 years ago. She had it for donkey's years before that and she didn't get it new either. I finally got around to doing the hand applique and hand embroidery this past fall when the upstairs was being worked on and I couldn't sew up there. Machine quilted. I don't know the name or who manufactured it. Anyway I am counting it as another UFO that is complete. When the kids finish the rest of the basement for us I will have a place to hang it.

We are promised a kitchen and a bathroom with in the floor radiant heat. There will be another bedroom for Anthony. They have to be able to afford it first. Dang! there's always a catch.

This was the next project out of the UFO tub. When I sorted through them I discovered that all that is left on them is handwork and stuffing so I brought them down to do this afternoon and evening. They are just too much fun! So I grabbed the next project. This wasn't in the UFO tub but in a smaller tub that has been sitting on the side of the stairs, but I needed the tub so I decided to go out of order and do them.
Years ago I used to make a living sewing these flannel crib sets: comforters, sheets, bumpers and crib skirts. Every now and again I run across some cut out and either use the flannel for something else (for instance the backs of quilts) or finish them for baby gifts. So this tub had a bunch of sheets and a comforter cut out and partially sewn. They will be finished tomorrow and I will put them away for the next baby boy gift I need. I used to make dozens in a week. I'm glad I don't have to any more, I'd forgotten how much fuzz there is on them. They make me sneeze a lot. It's kind of fun though to do something fast and simple for a change.

We got 3.6 inches of snow yesterday and last night. We are supposed to get four more starting in the morning. I hope it's winter's last hurrrah!

Monday morning it will be back to quilting on the last quilt I have basted. Payday I'll have to buy batting and backing for the next batch to be basted. I wonder if I can talk David into helping me again?

No comments:

Post a Comment