Thursday, February 22, 2018

I didn't get much sewing done today, I had a 10:30 doctor's appointment, then a pharmacy run. Also Goodwill was sandwiched in so I didn't get home until after 1:00. However, last night's sewing before bedtime produced this:
Yes, another Drunkard's Path turtle top. This one is the fourth, for my grandson Ben. I have enough blocks made for at least one more top, maybe two. This makes all the grandkids out in Washington turtle quilts. The ones here are going to get cat quilts. We are cat people and the boys love their kitties.

Most of the winter I haven't been doing much sewing in the evening because it has been too cold, but I bit the bullet and have been wearing a coat while I do a bit of sewing at the treadle.
Ernestine and
Vanessa the New Home made by Janome. Still Drunkard's Path although different colors. This is where I am working on Turtles.
I did finish the quilting on this before my appointment. I even got the binding ready so first thing in the morning I will bind it and then get going on the next UFO in the tub. I think it will be stuffed animal heads. I have a huge tub full of batting scraps that are too small to be used in quilts that will work fine. The added attraction of that is one less tub in the way down here in the basement.

After my appointment this morning I slept all afternoon, it seemed like a sleepy sort of day. We were getting a lot of snow and I didn't have anywhere else to go.

Two to four inches of snow today and tonight and then more on Saturday. I'm glad I don't have anywhere to go until meeting on Sunday. We don't know how much snow on the weekend but the storm is coming from the Rocky Mountains. We may not go anywhere on Sunday either.

So another busy day tomorrow. That is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment