Thursday, March 1, 2018

Signs of Spring are in the air! This morning as I sat sewing upstairs, a bird flew up and roosted at the entrance to my little bird house hanging outside the window. No picture I would have had to take it through two panes of glass and a screen and it wouldn't have shown up very well. I'm happy though. It's supposed to be up into the fifties over the weekend.
I started quilting this, the last basted top, this morning. I wonder what these Asian characters say. Perhaps ignorance really is bliss. Ambrosina said they were probably cursing at me, which made me laugh, I didn't really think it was important, I just like the red. I got two thirds of the way with the quilting, it's not very big. I am using my walking foot and just quilting in a straight-line cross-hatch. I want the piecing to be the focal point not the quilting.

It's a fun quilt though.
 A dog with an orange bow.
 Chessmen.
 Cows.
 Musical symbols.

Kitties and a squirrel. The pink flowers there are from a dress I made for my trousseau before my wedding. Every now and then I run across a small piece of it. I loved it but it didn't fit after a couple of pregnancies. It never would fit Ambrosina. She's a big boned gal and was bigger than I was by the time she was fifteen. My waist was seventeen at the time of my wedding. Things do change.

Anyway. I should be able to finish quilting this quilt tomorrow and get a good start on the binding.
Then I have to piece backs for the next batch to be basted. I'll pull them out of the tub down here and take them upstairs so I know what I will need to do.

Now that it's warmer I will have to get started on my spring cleaning down here. And that's another story, I don't really have the enthusiasm for cleaning that I have for sewing. Does anybody?

I also hear that the boys are home. Time to see how their day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment