Friday, November 10, 2017

Turtles is the first of the basted quilts to go under the needle. I am using some green thread that was given to me by Rose. Two full cones of it. I've already quilted a couple of quilts with it, I am afraid it is going to last forever. Green is not my favorite color, it fits in with the turtles though. David looked at this quilt and said it's the first quilt he can remember making for a while that didn't have red or orange in it. That's because I didn't think red or orange fit in too well for turtles. The colors above that look orange are actually a golden brown. Most of the red and oranges in that last few quilts were scraps that I got that Rose couldn't use in her quilts. I'm done with those now except the ones that were are in quilts that are already cut out and partly sewn.
As you can see, 1st assistant Happy likes turtles. Or maybe she is just glad to have a quilt back up on the sewing table after a week without.

The belt on my vintage New Home broke again so the next turtles top is on hold. It seems to break every couple of months so I think maybe David is putting it on too tight. I didn't sew the last couple of evenings, too cold down here but I am going to just have to bite the bullet and bundle up. Can't spend the winter not getting anything done.

Ambrosina made raspberry cheese cake for dessert on Sunday, um um, can't wait. Smells yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment