Thursday, November 9, 2017

I had doctor appointments every afternoon until today. Today I basted.
 Pinwheel Nine Patch
 Hexagon Diamonds
 Kentucky Chain
And Turtles. I don't have to baste again for at least a month. Yay horay!

I finished this top a couple of nights ago. It really pops! I'm glad it's ready for quilting I was getting tired of it. One more UFO reaching the top stage. I will probably baste it in the next batch.

Things should start to settle down here now that I have all my appointments for the fall over with. I have one more dentist appointment in December, I won't have the copay I need until then. It looks like I won't be getting shoes until January. The bad news from the dentist is that I have a lot of bone loss in my jaws from the diabetes. What is left of my teeth are loose and I face the prospect of losing them all not too far down the road. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we get to it. No doctor or dentist ever explained the the connection between diabetes and teeth before, it would have been nice to know what I was looking at before they got so bad.

So now I can relax. The basting is done so I can quilt. All I have left to do before the weekend is clean up my sewing corner upstairs, we are having guests after meeting on Sunday. It's not too bad and won't take me long tomorrow morning. For now though, I get to sit and do my hand work, today I have earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment