Saturday, November 11, 2017

Our eventful week was not over. Yesterday afternoon the washer flooded the upstairs and was running down the light fixture in the dining room in floods! The ceiling has to be repaired and we can't use the electricals in the dining room until everything is dried out, so no sewing up there since the light fixture is also a junction box. Old houses have some very peculiar wiring. The stories I could tell! So I came back down here and did some work on Ernestine the treadle.
I have this tub of split sixty degree diamonds that I want to use up. I am piecing them in rows first and then I will join them into large diamonds and join them together until they are square. I have a piece of diamond graph paper that I figured it out on.
I also finished the 2nd Turtle top this morning, this evening on to the 3rd.

Tomorrow we have guests after the meeting, I hope the dining room is dried out by then or it could get a little difficult! Ambrosina seems to have taken it in her stride though, I used to be that way, I couldn't cope now if it all depended on me the way it used to. Oh well, getting old is better than what the alternative would be.

Anyway it's lunch time and after that probably more time at the treadle, also hand work when it's time to put my feet up I am getting a pretty big pile of hexagon blocks again. Probably a picture of those tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment