Monday, November 13, 2017

Aren't they pretty, I do love a plaid, sorry about the glare. Those sections are done and I made copies this morning to go on to the final paper piecing sections. Then all I have to do is put them together. That does sound simple, but it is all curved piecing so it will take time. I am loving the paper piecing though, and already have my next project planned. David is intrigued with the paper piecing technique, and wants to do a twisted log cabin so I printed a simple one from EQ7 and told him to start simple because I didn't think I could handle teaching him complex to start with. I also told him he has to quilt the top he has done and the one he is working on because there wasn't room for him to have tubs full of unquilted tops too. I spent the last year play catch up, and I didn't make my goal despite quilt 27 tops so far. Next year. Ambrosina also showed a great deal of interest in these too, unusual for her.

We are supposed to get snow on Friday, oh joy, oh joy. Now is about the time I usually start figuring out how many months there is to get through until spring. The rest of  November, December, January, February, March. 5 months, oh well, we've survived before, and at least with David trying to finish his quilts maybe he won't drive me too crazy this year.

Time for hand work. And coffee. There is apple pie left from yesterday too. It's fruit right?

No comments:

Post a Comment