Tuesday, November 28, 2017

It's been sort of a long dry spell for me; I've just been plugging away at all the same things mostly. This Pinwheel Nine Patch is on the quilting table.
I don't remember what this pattern is called, I saw someone doing it in an online video with rulers and a special foot. I can't afford the rulers and foot so I am drawing the lines. It takes twice as long to draw the lines in as it does to sew. I'm not really going for super accurate, I sort of like the little bit wonky and spontaneous look. I don't think I will try this one again until I can get the foot, but I do like the way it looks. I reached the halfway point this morning.
 Ambrosina and Leon did their Black Friday shopping and brought me home these. I don't get candy very often because of my diabetes. I love these, and I am savoring them, making them last so I don't get sick.
I've got all four of these strips done. I have some borders to make and then I will start putting the top together. I see a lot more paper piecing in my future. I am thinking something in yellow and blue next, a combination I love. The only problem is I don't have many fabrics in those colors, so it's a ways down the pipeline. I will fish out a UFO to work on after this one is finished. I have two huge Rubbermaid tubs full so there is no problem there!

This afternoon though, I have sweeping and scrubbing my bedroom floor on the slate. Not exciting, but necessary. I can be grateful for a small bedroom--less to clean. Every time I think I would like to live in a large house all I have to do is remember all the work that I would have to do to keep it clean, and I am content with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment