Thursday, July 27, 2017

 A Victorian Barbie outfit. I know, not earth shattering, but one of those cut out projects that have been kicking around for ages, I always loved making doll clothes and fancy ones are even more fun!
 140 finished turtle blocks, I haven't stopped to count how many I need; I want to make several twin size quilts and they are also very fun. I do a few every evening and they add up pretty fast.
I also finished the rest of the sashings for this top I am working on so I can get back to that this evening. It looks ok, I haven't done one with all the same blocks in it for a long time and I am afraid it may look a little plain. The borders will hopefully bring some life to it.

I only have one more section of warp to wind. It won't be tomorrow, I am basting quilts tomorrow. I hope to get 6 ready to quilt. It will make a long day, the positive side is I won't have to baste for 6 weeks, always a relief. I really hate basting.

I guess I've said that before.

Other than that, I've been plugging away at other UFOs upstairs. Once I start quilting again I won't get as much done. I finally got the embroidery machine running again, I haven't used it for a while and I have been missing it. Nothing in particular just som patterns I had loaded on the card already, It was fun.

Our  Chester is doing better, but we still don't know how much longer he will be with us. He is pretty old for a cat, but he is eating now and has mustered up a purr when I petted him. The old sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment