Friday, July 14, 2017

 Another finish, my seventeenth of the year. Although I pieced together the half square triangles and sliver trimmed them quite a while ago, I am not considering this a UFO since I only finished the top a couple of months ago. I counted how many triangles were in the top when I finished it, but I can't remember how many thousands there are.
I was going to use the tiny leftover 1.5 inch triangles in blocks and make a top of them, but after making one block I decided against it. I didn't care for how they were looking, so I used the one block on the back and I will never do that again. Trying to quilt all those seams broke a lot of needles before I realized where I was sewing and slowed down. The above picture is the back.

I now only have one more quilt basted, the red and blue Drunkard's path.
When it is done then I will make more backs. I have 6 tops that I finished in the last couple of months since I basted and one UFO that I want to get done, but I have never had enough pins for basting more than 6 at one time so I will have to see which one gets to wait. The good news is I won't be finishing too many this next few months since I am getting caught up on the ones I had started. The next couple of bins upstairs that have to be worked through are mostly toys and doll clothes that I have cut out and not so many partially sewn quilt tops, I think, that is: I hope. There are still plenty more down here in various tubs and in bags under the bed. Those I will worry about when the tubs are empty, no sense in pulling them out only to have them sitting in the way. I will work on them on Ernestine the treadle when I get the current batch of tops done.

There is always plenty to look forward to, it keeps life interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment