Friday, July 28, 2017

 I pin basted this one.
 Then this one. 2nd assistant Waddles knows he is not supposed to be on the table, but evidently when there is a quilt on the table it doesn't count.
 Then this one
 and this one
 and this one.
 1st assistant Happy spent some time on the last one waiting it's turn to be basted. I think that she was telling me that I would disturb me at my own peril. She slapped me when I moved her to get it.
This was the last one I basted, six in all. I finished just before 3:00 pm. I am very tired, but also very satisfied. I won't have to baste again for at least 6 weeks. To my best estimate, without counting, I had 13 tops ready to be quilted. So I am ready to quilt almost half of those. I will probably finish a couple of tops before basting again, however, it looks like I might get all my tops turned into quilts this year.
After that I will make a quilt all the way from the start to the finish, no more UFOs!

It's time for a rest, and some hand sewing, today at least, I have earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment