Thursday, July 6, 2017

I'm back. Well we were back a couple of days ago, but I have been so exhausted that I could hardly move for those 2 days. I'm better today and we took a trip to Walmart this morning. David's been trying to walk everyday and the heat is too bad for him to do it outside. I told him he should get up early and do it before it gets hot, we will see. Anyway we went to Walmart and while he walked I got my shopping done.
I got these 3 fabrics on clearance. I am collecting brown prints with a particular quilt in mind, although I won't be starting it for a while; I still have too many UFOs left to get done. They are coming along though.

I finished this Thursday morning before we left. It turned out that Rose hurt her knee and we couldn't go to the zoo so we left later. I had time to finish the quilting and binding on this quilt since it isn't very big. It is a Log Cabin, Barn Raising variation. I pieced the top in the winter of 1998-1999, the first year we moved out to South Dakota. It is made from corduroy, foundation pieced on flannel (I know: what was I thinking?) and is very heavy. I did a minimum of quilting using my walking foot and didn't break any needles even at the joining of the seams. I have one more quilt top made this way. It's not basted yet but it will be done with the next batch.
I used a sheet for the back since I didn't need any extra seams to thicken the the quilt while I worked. The simple quilting I choose shows up very well on it and I am pleased. The quilt isn't very big only about 70 x 60.

Any way it's done and I am working on the next which is coming along pretty well. Picture tomorrow. Also a picture of the next UFO I found in the bin, a Sunflower quilt. The blocks have been done for a while and I even put them together but I didn't like the way they looked together so I have been taking them apart and I will put them together with sashings and cornerstones.

It's nice to be back in the rhythm of work again. I am working on the next hexagon quilt too. Pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment