Thursday, July 13, 2017

Sunflower top finished. I really like this pattern, but I don't know if I will ever make another, there are so many that I want to try out. It will be basted and quilted with the next batch. I have been trying to remember when I started it and I think that it was just after John was born in 1989. It's ready to quilt and I pulled the next UFO out of the bin.
I wonder just how many doll clothes I still have cut out that I haven't sewn. I haven't checked, I'm just going to take them as they come. I have 7 quilt tops that I finished in the last couple of months and I don't want to get too far ahead so having stuff like that needing to be finished is just fine. Think how much room I will have in my sewing corner upstairs when I get them done.

I finished quilting the half square triangle top this morning, tomorrow I will bind it and have a picture. I knew my last bobbin was getting low and I was sure I would have to stop sewing to wind a bobbin for about six inches, but I had enough and that has got to be a first.
I am happy to say that one of my Pineapple quilts sold, so I actually will have a place to put it when it is done.
These blocks are almost done down here at the treadle and I will have to decided which fabric I want to use to set them together, probably tomorrow. The blocks seem kind of dull, so I'll want something pretty lively. It gets a little boring to make 25 blocks all the same but I have kept at it.

I will probably wind some more warp this afternoon if it is not too hot out under the porch, not that it gets too hot for me very often.

It's been a busy week, but I'm not complaining, I prefer it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment