Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I was making some progress hooking a rug. Getting way too much help!
 D-9 Uncle Richard
 D-10 Battlefield
 D-11 Snow Crystal
D-13 Field Of Dreams.
I have 4 rows done now, I am not spending a lot of serious time on my Dear Jane quilt these last couple of weeks. I just can't seem to get over this cold and have mostly just marking time until I feel better. I do a little sewing, a little spinning, a little weaving and then I am exhausted. Take a nap. Then mostly knitting since that doesn't take a lot of concentration.

David requested a sweater-vest to wear under his coat for additional warmth in the winter. I made him one many years ago but he outgrew it or wore it out, we can't remember what happened to it, but it would never fit him now. No pattern, none needed, all I really needed was his measurements and the gauge of the yarn. I could have knit it in the round but I didn't plan ahead to do it, just started knitting. I don't mind sewing side and shoulder seams.
These are the latest from the dyepot. The two on the left are commercial yarns, the colors were kind of blah, I picked them up at a thrift shop. The  colors are a lot nicer now, in my opinion. The right is some of my handspun and I love it!

Ambrosina has made a lovely spinich-mushroom-cheese tart for lunch and I am now going to take time to give it the attention it deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment