Tuesday, September 18, 2018

D-4 Crystal Star. This one took a little longer, the petal shapes are hand appliqued.

While I am in the grips of this cold I haven't been doing a whole lot. I hope to be doing better soon.
D-6 Challenge, not much of one, a challenge that is. I showcased a chintz fabric that I've had for over 17 years, I recovered Ambrosina's dining room chairs with it and I have always loved it. I have only a few small pieces of it left and I have always used it for something that would show it's pattern.
D-7 Meeting Place. Not very difficult either, good thing I am not up to anything that requires any sort of concentration.
A little hard to see, the left yarn was dyed with food coloring, Wilton's Teal. It didn't "break" the way I was hoping, again I think the amount of dye was wrong because the handspun wool doesn't bind as fast as a superwash wool would and I didn't allow for it. Learning all the time! The right was dyed with magenta food coloring which has two colors of dye in it which broke apart in this beautiful pink and yellow, love it. There was only a small amount of food coloring left in the jar so I didn't use as much and the results were much more like what I was looking for.

I know that this isn't the best yarn in the world, but now that I am getting some experience under my belt and getting used to my wheel it's getting a lot better. Most of all I am enjoying it so much that I am not worried about what is done with and just trying to make improvements in what I am doing now.

Now it's time for a nap, I may even have a second cup of coffee this afternoon to help with the coughing, coffee being a natural cough suppressant and I need a rest from it. Any old port in a storm, and any reason is a good one to have a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment