Wednesday, September 5, 2018

 C-6 Ashey's Aura


C-4 Tic Tac Toe


I'm a little out of order. I did finish one this morning, but David got the car back together and we took it for a test drive. I did some shopping that I couldn't do last week and it felt so good to be independent again. David is worn out but I so appreciate his hard work. Poor guy it was a terrible job.
 C-2 Streak Of Lightening

C-3 Rayelle's Fence

I did pick up one yellow at Walmart this morning, but that source is pretty well tapped out for yellows. Likewise Hobby Lobby. I have to check at Jo-ann's and there is one quilt shop I haven't been to before that I discovered when we had to take a detour for road work. I won't complain about any more detours I guess.
I have been knitting since I was about 4 years old, that's sixty years. I have always wanted a ball winder and I finally got one today! Yippie skippie!

This is food coloring. I have been hearing about food coloring dyeing, but never tried it. One can't dye a lot of yarn at once with it but it's been something that I wanted to try. Now that I have the wool for it I can finally do it. There will be some interesting experiments to show quite soon. Can't wait. I have some other ideas I want to try, but I need some more tools and they will have to wait. Can't do everything at once after all. I have to get more yarn spun anyway. I am about 2/3 through the carding. I want to get some hand carders because some of the wool that is left would benefit being done by hand instead of the drum carder but they are a little spendy and I don't have the money right now. I can't complain, I don't want to get spoiled, after all, I did get a ball winder this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment