Wednesday, May 2, 2018

 It's getting hard to get the whole thing in the picture.
I am going to do one more pieced border. I don't think I'll do more than that. When it is on I will decide whether or not I will do a final whole cloth border.

I thought I was having a lot of fun on my last few quilt tops, but compared with the fun on this one they were tame.

I also thought I would be getting another die for my Accuquilt, but I've only tapped the surface of these little quarter-square triangles that are on the first dieI bought so I'll put it off for another month. After all, why buy something if I don't need it?

I still have five more of the center Feathered Star blocks. I already have ideas for the next one.
The next doll outfit, also pretty tame.  They will soon be all done and I will go on to the next thing. Some clothes for me!

I had a doctor's appointment today. She just wanted to check up on my diabetes since my medication change and everything is ok in that direction. We went to Goodwill and a couple of garage sales and I got some plaid shirts to cut up. I am trying to get together  enough cat color plaids to make the cat quilts for the boys. The trouble is I have to make three at about the same time so as not to hurt feelings. I'm not sure what I will do so they can tell them apart, but it will come to me. The have to be big quilts too. Phillip is a giant, Malachi is tall and Sammy is a tank. No point in making them so small they won't be comfortable for the boys to use.

So it's time I got busy, I'm trying to wrap up the last top of the larger size of hexagons that I'm using. Time to think of my next hand project is coming up and there are so many to choose from that it's difficult to decide. It will come to me though anticipation is also an enjoyable thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment