Monday, May 14, 2018

I got started sewing the blades together for the Dresden Plate quilt that was next in the UFO tub, but then I realized I didn't have enough for the blocks I wanted to make and I didn't have anywhere near enough variety sooo,
I cut a whole bunch more.
I got this ruler to make Tumblers with, but it was originally designed for Dresden Plates. I love cutting, so probably I cut way more than I needed.
Anyway I found the best thing for poking out the points is a flat screw driver, quick and easy and then iron.
I finished sewing and pressing the points this morning and actually got a back on sewing the blades together. These are fun and I do have a plan. I expect to be on this quilt top for several weeks.

It's just as well, I can't do any actual quilting until the part comes for Julia Juki, I am hoping for that this week. When that gets here I will finish quilting Fancy Nine Patch.
And basted four more or I will wind up with a half dozen more tubs of unquilted tops like I did before.

Meanwhile I have a couple of tubs of completed quilts that I need to get sent to new homes that I have planned for them but haven't the money for postage. Sigh. If it's not one thing it's another. Not to complain though, I've had the fun of making them and since I've gotten almost caught up on the UFOs I can slow down, relax and enjoy the process even more than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment