Thursday, May 17, 2018

Moving right along! I'm trying to do a sort of light/dark pattern, but mostly I'm trying to make sure that each blade contrasts with the ones next to it. These blocks have some of my favorite fabrics in them, some of it the last time I will use it since it will be gone.
I have 15 now, well over half done; actually 3/5 done because I am doing 25 blocks in all. When they are all done I will applique the "plates" onto the background and then I have an idea for pieced sashing. Then I have an idea for a border using more blades. I'll be on this quilt for a while yet. I am happy with that. The quilts left in the UFO tub are waiting for me to find the pattern, or the diagram I drew when I was planning them and it gives me more time to find them.
I also finished another Drunkard's Path Turtle top down here in the basement over the last couple of days. Now I am piecing Drunkard's Path birds that I have pinned and ready to put together. No specific plan for these yet.
It will soon be warm enough to weave again so I need to pick up where I left off with that last Fall and it will take a little while to figure out exactly where I did leave off.

Still plugging away with the hexagons too in my afternoon hand sewing. I'll get pictures of that soon.

So it's busy, busy, busy, which keeps me happy, happy, happy. I'm never bored!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting use of drunkards path blocks. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have a couple more ideas that I want to try too!

    ReplyDelete