Saturday, June 2, 2018

When I got my Go Baby I went a little crazy with my first (and so far my only) die two inch quarter square triangles. I finished sewing them up this morning. I have made one quilt using them, I lost count of how many I used in that quilt. Now that I am finished I have 201 of these six inch Ohio Stars,
182 four inch Corn and Beans blocs, so there are at least two quilts there,

and 506 of the Hourglass units. These are going to be made into strips to use for sashing strips for my Dresden Plate quilt.
I'm going to take a break from the piecing and applique them down onto their backgrounds next. After that it won't take long to finish what Hour Glass units I need. I have a plan for the last border. This has been a very fun quilt so far. I am not sure when I will get it done, if the part for the machine comes I will be quilting because the tops are starting to pile up.
These are blocks that I started almost 30 years ago. I hand embroidered them and have been hand quilting them in the manner of quilt-as-you-go method which I do not like. I took them out of the closet down here because I needed the space and took them up to put in the UFO tub. I am considering finishing them in a different way because I have only one row done and I want to finish them in this lifetime. Anyway that is for later consideration, I'm still a couple of quilts away from that. I'm still looking for the patterns and notes I had for a couple of the UFOs that are up there but I have been cleaning and going through things and I hope to find them before too much longer.

Meanwhile, because I have been going through the bookshelves and other places I have taken several bags of things upstairs to put ready to go to Goodwill. I don't know where it all comes from! I know
I have said that before, and frequently, but I still can't figure out how I can keep getting rid of stuff and still have so much left!

1 comment:

  1. Lol on the amount of stuff we have. I am constantly purging said stuff but I don't really see a difference. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete