Thursday, June 28, 2018

I know that this doesn't look very good right now. I am through with the first washing of this particular batch of wool. It is still very wet and will fluff up a lot more as it dries. There is also quite a bit of vegetable matter still in it from the sheep being in the fields. Most of that will fall out as I card it, and yes I do wear an apron while I am doing that! After it is spun I will wash it again. In actual fact, wool isn't really white the way it looks on the sheep from a distance, unless it is specially bred. Since these are from sheep that are grown for meat the wool isn't going to be the same quality a from a sheep that is bred for wool. I am not complaining mind you, it's still wool and I am enjoying the process. I don't mind the smell and the dirt. It's washed off anyway. That is about a quarter of the wool washed. I can't do any more until it is dry, I don't have the space.
I've forgotten the name and number of this one and my book is upstairs. This one was fast and easy.
Dad's Plaids. I think I would have done better needle turn appliqueing this by hand but I do not want to start another hand sewing project right now. I am going to trim out the yellow from behind the white, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I am planning to finish the hexagon top today. And speaking of the hexagon top, it's time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment