Tuesday, July 5, 2016

We got home yesterday afternoon, but I was so tired I just crashed. The plus side of going to bed at 11 is that I woke up at 8 this morning and got an early start.

So this is what I got done this morning before ten-thirty. All that was left was the binding and although the quilt is huge (108x108) it didn't take me all that long to finish it. The top is the front and the bottom is the back.
The colors are washed out by the sun though and the quilting isn't very easy to see.
I did peacock feathers and I like the way that it turned out. It took me a long time to quilt being so big but I am happy with it.
While we were on the trip Rose and I talked a little about why the pphs didn't sell, and she is going to try again, as well as gave me some advice on what colors she thought would work a little better so I am going to make some more and see how they do.
There are some other things I can make that she thinks I could sell so I am going to get the basement straightened out a little so I can get to my work bench and get some things started this week. I need to fire my kiln and make room to do some other ceramics, I hope that will happen this week as well. Any way the summer is passing and I still have quite a few things that I want to accomplish before fall. I can't complain though, I love staying busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment