Thursday, July 7, 2016

Somehow I lost my camera. I know I brought it down from the dining room yesterday, and then got busy and forgot to post here. Today I spent the morning in the other half of the basement where my kilns are. I fired a glaze load and did some glazing on some things for next time. I started the prep work on my loom, but I didn't get very far because I had quite a bit of stuff to put away. As is always the case the first time I fire in the summer.
If I could find my camera I would show the back that I made for Pink Ugly #1.
It's not quite finished in that photo, but the completed version is on the camera that I can't find. I made the back out of the pink strips, and alternated them with machine embroidered rows of squares. These are patterns that I digitized out of clip are and other drawings that  I didn't use for what I made them for, or didn't like. I am using them like I do orphan blocks, because there is no sense in wasting them. It could almost be a reversible quilt, but I got some of the blocks upside down, and since it was the back decided not to take the time to rip them out and redo them. I probably won't baste until Monday with the busy weekend coming up.
I hope by tomorrow I will have found my camera and can take some pictures of the things that I fired this morning. I don't do it very often anymore, and I hope they turn out well. Back to sewing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment