Friday, July 29, 2016

This is Emily, I have had her since I was a little girl, and she was old then. An old woman who lived across the alley from us was going into a nursing home and she took me and my younger sister into her spare bedroom and took two dolls from an old trunk and gave us each one, they had been hers when she was a little girl and she had no children or grandchildren to hand them on to. Every so often I make Emily a new dress and I just finished this one. It is a little too big since she doesn't fit the size that doll clothes patterns are made in now. Poor Emily is held together with rubber bands and paperclips since most of her inside parts are broken, but I still love her. I never played with dolls much, I always wanted to make the clothes, and used to take rags out of the rag bags in lieu of not having anything else to work with, since my mother viewed it as a waste of time and effort. Oh well, water under the bridge.
I haven't been sewing a lot the last couple of weeks. I spent a lot of time cleaning the other part of the basement and have started getting the loom ready. It is ready to start raddling and I will have a picture of that when I get there. Summer is half over and when it gets cold I can't work in that part of the basement, so my weaving time is limited, but I can't wait to get started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment