Friday, July 22, 2016

This morning I walked out onto the front porch to sit and drink my coffee and my glasses fogged over. In my sewing corner upstairs my feet freeze from the AC. There seems to be no happy medium. Today I am looking for the pattern for this:
Aren't they pretty? I have 114 blocks. This UFO is so old I can't remember when I started it. These were scrap fabrics my grandmother gave me and she has been dead for almost 35 years. I saw the pattern not too long ago somewhere, but I can't remember where, and I know that I had a specific size in mind, but can't remember that either. If I don't find it in the next couple of days I will just use EC and make another plan and print it out. It was one of those old single sheet patterns from magazines, and came in the box with the scraps. Now that I have decided it is time to finish it I don't want to wait around too long or I will get out of the mood. All of the blocks are different and I didn't repeat any of the colors. It is hand appliqued with a running stitch, the first applique that I ever did, and gave me a real taste for it. I enjoyed looking at the blocks this morning as I counted them since I couldn't remember how many I had. I found a little spot on one of them. I am surprised that there is only one, as long as they have been kicking around.
Ambrosina and Leon decided they would put a bathroom in the basement instead of moving, but it will be a while. I notice that Leon still looks at the housing ads and brochures. I think if they find the right place they will want to move, if that happens I am not moving all his junk. Three more boxes went upstairs to go to Goodwill over the weekend!

1 comment: